By: Janine Serio
Happy HUMP Day…and Workout Wednesday! We are stoked to announce our 5 Week Workout Series titled, “Nutty 4 March Madness!” Stay tuned every Wednesday in March as we post some of our latest (and greatest) workouts that are FAST, EFFECTIVE, FAT-LOSS FRIENDLY, and will have you finished in under 30 minutes!
The best part is these are absolutely, 100% FREE to all of our loyal clients and followers. Whether done in the comfort of your own home or gym, and used as a “stand-alone” workout or awesome “finisher,” they will, surely, not disappoint. If you give them a try, use the #Nutty4March on Instagram & post to our Facebook page. We love hearing from you and receiving your feedback!
This week, it’s all about giving a shout-out (and an arse-kicking) to ‘dem GLUTES and backside! One of the strongest muscles in your body, building a strong derriere can help improve posture, athletic performance, and even prevent inury. The three muscles of the glutes – gluteus minimus, medius, and maximus – assist in abducting, rotating, and extending the hips. By increasing strength, you will see noticeable differences in overall performance – think more explosiveness, efficiency, and even becoming faster – and a decrease in your risk of injury with more complex moves (I.e. the deadlift). Oh, and did we even have to say the booty will become aesthetically pleasing? LOL!!
Are you REARdy? Game face on?
Click Here for the “Ten Minute Tushie Tightener!”
Do you want more? Get our FREE “21 Day Fitness Blueprint” HERE – 5, fast, intense, and effective Body Weight workouts that will have you more motivated, a regained love of fitness, and time back on your side! Theses workouts can be done ANYWHERE, ANYTIME and will have you finished in under 30 minutes!
AND…if that wasn’t awesome enough, waddle over to the kitchen and try out this fabulous recipe that was created by Janine’s Mom, Kim, last evening. If you missed the sneak peek, check it out on our Instagram page!
A blend of two recipes and some “cleaned up” ingredients (let’s not forget all the fun using some of her new kitchen gadgets), this is sure to be a HEALTHY crowd pleaser. Even better, it is fat loss approved and the satisfaction factor is high! No need for additional side dishes; high in protein, good fats, and a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals. Popeye would be proud! 😉
A “Nutty” Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!
- 2 tsp. good quality olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 3/4 tsp. Kosher or sea salt (divided; 1/2 and 1/4)
- 2 shallots, medium, chopped
- 2/3 cup dry, white wine
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt, full or low fat
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, homemade and/or organic
- 4 boxes of chopped spinach, frozen & thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 5 quart Dutch oven or 12 inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with 1/2 tsp. Kosher or sea salt and cook for ~ 6-8 minutes (or until browned).
- Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet; bake in oven for ~ 8-10 minutes. *Note: Depending on the size of your chicken thighs, and the type of oven you use, the thighs may need longer than 8-10 minutes (or even less).
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, add shallots. Cook for ~ 2 minutes. Add white wine, rosemary, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Let simmer for 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from pan.
- Whisk in Greek yogurt and chicken broth; stir to combine. Let simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Reserve half of sauce for chicken.
- Add spinach to skillet with the remaining sauce. Cook for ~ 3-5 minutes until spinach is completely warmed and heated through. Place spinach in center of a large serving platter.
- Remove chicken from oven & adorn around the edges of the platter and on top of spinach. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately!